Bhutan is not far from India as it is located in the Eastern Himalayas, bordered by the Tibetan Autonomous Region of China in the north, the Sikkim state of India and the Chumbi Valley of Tibet in the west, the Arunachal Pradesh state of India in the east, and the states of Assam and West Bengal in the south. Thimphu is its capital and largest city, while Phuntsholing is its financial center. Though Bhutanese love sports like archery and darts or Digor, they also are very enthusiastic about playing lotteries. As this country borders India, playing their lottery is easy at the bordering states.
Official lotteries in the Kingdom of Bhutan are run by Bhutan Lottery Limited (BLL). The Bhutan State Lottery department boasts of three rounds of lottery program daily. The lottery, obviously, includes varying cost levels. There are in total six winning amounts at Bhutan Lottery together with the decoration which range from Rs 10,000/- to Rs 130. The popular lotteries are
- Dear Morning played all through Sunday into Saturday draws at 11.30 am
- Dear Day played all through Sunday into Saturday draws at 4.00 pm
- Dear Evening played all through Sunday into Saturday draws at 8.00 pm
- Bhutan Dhanshree draws 3.30 pm
- Kanchenjunga Rose Day Lotteries draws at 4.00 PM
- Kanchenjunga Vishnu Morning Lotteries draws at 11.55 am
- Kanchenjunga Lucky Evening Lotteries draws at 8.00 pm
- Bhutan State Government Lotteries draws at 4.30 pm
- Kanchenjunga Sincere Day Lotteries draws at 4.00 pm
- Kanchenjunga Glamour Evening Lotteries draws at 8.00 pm
- Kanchenjunga Thangam Morning Lotteries draws at 11.55 am
- Kanchenjunga Silver Day Lotteries draws at 4.00 pm
- Kanchenjunga Parrot Morning Lotteries draws at 11.55 am
Bhutan lottery is run by the state of Bhutan. Ministry of finance in Bhutan is responsible for Directorate of lottery in the country. The state-run lottery was initiated in this Himalayan state in the year 1987.
The funds generated from this activity are used to fund various national schemes and activities. It is a great channel for the citizens of Bhutan to contribute to the development activities of the state.
How to play Bhutan Lotteries in India?
Bhutan Lotteries can be played from India. But you cannot play online. You can purchase the tickets from the regional sales agents only which you can find in neighboring Indian states. The prize money can be over lacs of rupees.
- In November 2016, Bhutan Lottery Limited (BLL) started the monthly lottery scheme Phuensum Dharim with a ticket price of Nu. 50. It has eight prizes of Nu. 1,000,000, 250,000, 40,000, 20,000, 3,000, 2,000, 1,000, and 500. There are three consolation prizes of Nu. 20,000, 10,000, and 5,000.
- In November 2017, BLL started the instant-win lottery Thuensum Scratch with seven prizes–Nu. 500,000, 200,000, 35,000, 5,000, 500, 200, and 60. The cost of a scratch card is Nu. 30.
- BLL’s also has a Thuensum Quick Cash lottery. It’s ticket costs Nu.20. Its seven prizes are Nu. 100,000, 50,000, 20,000, 2,000, 500, 140, and 40.
- Fortnightly Scheme (Phuensum Mid-Dharim) has a ticket prize of Nu.40 per tix. It has six prizes of Nu. 500,000, Nu. 200,000, Nu. 100,000, Nu. 10,000, Nu. 2,000, and Nu. 1,000.
- Special RayDrup Bumper has a ticket price of Nu.300 per ticket. It has a first prize of 3,000,000 and the 1st consolation prize of Nu. 30,000. Its second prize is Nu. 1,000,000 with a consolation prize of Nu. 10,000. The 3rd prize is Nu. 500,000 with a consolation prize of Nu. 5,000. The 4th, 5th and 6th prizes in this Bhutan lottery are Nu. 100,000, 30,000 and 2,000, respectively.
- Super Saya Bumper Scheme has a ticket price of Nu. 300. This Bhutan lottery jackpot is Nu. 3,000,000. The 1st consolation prize is Nu. 30,000. The 2nd prize and 2nd consolation are Nu. 1,500,000 and Nu. 15,000, respectively. The 3rd prize is Nu. 700,000 and its consolation is Nu. 7,000. The rest of the prizes are Nu. 100,000, 30,000 and 3,000.
Note that there are many online sites that offer your Bhutan lottery tickets but these are not genuine sites and you cannot play this lottery online. The websites are bhutanluckylottery.com, bhutanstatelottery.com, lotterybhutan.com, bhutanstatelotteries.com, luckydailybumper.com, and bhutanlottery.in.
Websites like bhutanstatelotteries.com create confusion among Bhutanese buyers who wish to buy state-run lottery tickets, as the draws of these foreign websites often coincide with BLL’s lotteries. The official lottery website of Bhutan is http://bll.bt/
Where to find the results of Bhutan Lotteries?
There are various ways to get the Bhutan Lotteries results:
Check the results at the physical lottery agents from where you bought the ticket